It was the usual kinda Saturday - wake up late, hot neslo for breakfast, chilling on the couch, byebye hubby, doing chores, watching tv and surfing internet. Saturday is a day with myself as hubby is out to work. Normally I prefer spending my Saturday at home cuz I can laze around, procrastinate and do chores when I really feel like doing it. Since I am home alone and although I now have a cat as a companion, I don't care much about what I'm gonna eat for lunch. Sometimes I do remind myself to get a loaf of bread a day before or else just eat whatever is there in the kitchen like instant noodle. Lazy me, huh?
My most favourite and frequent food cooked for Saturday's lunch is baked potato cuz it's yummy, can make my stomach full with only one portion and most importantly, easy to prepare. Here's the recipe to the easiest, yet impressive dish for a lazy bum like me.
Easy Peasy Baked Potato
What you need:
What to do:
- 1 russet potato
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (*optional)
- Wash the potato with its skin and using a fork, make holes all around it.
- Cook for 5 minutes at a high level in the microwave or if your microwave has an auto cook option for baked potato like mine just use that one... easier!
- When it is done, slice the potato in the middle and spread butter. The butter will melts immediately due to the heat (yummy~!)
- Ready to be served. If you like cheese, I would recommend adding a slice of cheddar cheese like Kraft's Singles, tear into smaller pieces after the butter as it will also melts together in the middle of the potato. From my experience, cheddar cheese slice tastes yummier and milkier than grated one.
- Eat it with your own choice of toppings like baked beans, sour cream, tuna, etc.
*image from petitchef.com
Due to Hari Raya hols, I have not restock my russet potato. I don't want to eat instant noodle cuz I just had mee goreng Sedap last nite so I'm out of idea. Well, there are meat and eggs if I want to cook rice, but cooking for one person is not worth it. I had cream crackers dipped in my neslo for breakfast so I thought another round of cream crackers for a late lunch won't harm. With a lil' twist, I made myself a hors d'oeuvres with instant mushroom soup without main course and dessert. So here is another idea for a lazy bum - hors d'oeuvres for lunch and tea (had this at 5 something in the evening btw and that explains the pot of tea):
I only put olives because that is the only suitable ingredient available. Believe me, they are tasty and it would have been better if I can topped 'em with shrimp, tuna and salad. Well, I may remake it again but next time for a real starter, not lunch.
Basic Hors D'oeuvres
What you need:
What to do:
- Cream crackers (I recommend Hup Seng's cuz they are milky)
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Toppings of your choice
- Slice the cheddar cheese into 4 and put each onto one cream cracker.
- Top with anything you like such as tuna, salad, tomato, shrimp, salmon or caviar if you have 'em.
- Ready to be served.